We. For Europe.

We. For Europe.

Quality, flexibility and humanity for satisfied costumers

As a family business, we shape the future from tradition. For over three generations we have remained a reliable, long-term and innovative partner to our customers. Heidelmann is made up of three operating companies:

  • Spedition Heidelmann GmbH (transport)
  • Heidelmann Kühllogistik GmbH & Co. KG (warehouse)
  • Technik Center Schwalmstadt GmbH (workshop)

Key facts:

  • Foundation: 1946 – now in our third generation
  • Heidelmann Group employees: 260
  • Warehouses: 3
  • Pallet bays: 37,000
  • Business areas: Food logistics, pharmaceutical logistics. Warehousing
  • Own fleet: 72 trailers, 65 tractors, 14 distribution vehicles
  • Certifications: ISO, IFS, EU Eco regulation



Entrepreneurial commitment and responsibility

We – family and staff – view entrepreneurship as an opportunity to shape our future. Our creative and dedicated employees undertake, along with us, responsibility for economical, ecological and social conduct for the company "whole" and for the benefit of our customers.

Collaboration and partnership

In our team, we pull together in terms of logistics. We foster individual expertise and creativity in our mutual exchanges and with our customers and partners, in order to implement goal-oriented logistics solutions. We therefore behave as we expect others to: reliably, transparently and fairly. Partnership for us the success factor for customer-oriented logistics.

Excellence and innovation

We aspire to be the best in all our business activities. We want to offer our customers optimal and efficient logistics. We are committed and responsible, and flexible when confronting new challenges. Our own and market innovations provide us with the opportunity to develop better logistics.

Integrity and tolerance

At all times, we act honestly, legally, incorruptibly, respectfully, fairly, responsibly and reliably – in short: ethically! Mutual tolerance and appreciation of differing opinions are the basis of constructive dialogue for us.

Loyalty and honesty

We apply loyalty and honesty, both with each other and towards our customers and partners, as an inherent attitude and virtue, so that every day, each of us carries out his or her task within the logistics process with total commitment – and always with the "whole" at the forefront of our minds.

History

2010 to today
2000 to 2010
1995 to 2000
1993
1990 to 1995
1984
1980 to 1990
1960 to 1980
1946 to 1960

2010 to today

In 2013, Heidelmann joins forces with eleven other partners to form a powerful, European-wide network – the European Food Network – which is a strategic partnership enabling provision of cargo transport throughout Europe, in accordance with fixed transit times and uniform quality standards.

2000 to 2010

Entry into pharmaceutical logistics and storage area expansion

In 2006, construction of new social and office spaces begins, as well as interior conversion of an already existing warehouse for a customer from the pharmaceutical industry. The first transportations for the pharmaceutical logistics industry are carried out.

One year later, construction of a new high-bay warehouse begins, which is put into operation in 2008. Another office building and social area are also constructed. On completion of the new high-bay warehouse, Heidelmann now has the capacity to store over 37,000 Euro pallets. In 2007, "Heidelmann & Sohn, Nachfolger" becomes "Heidelmann Kühllogistik GmbH & Co. KG".

1995 bis 2000

Heidelmann Group expansion

Completion of a further construction phase for a high-bay warehouse in the temperature-controlled area, as well as a fresh goods handling warehouse. In 1996, Heidelmann enters into partnership with Dachser – a significant milestone in Heidelmann's history. At the end of the 1990s, a modern workshop with the name "TECHNIK CENTER SCHWALMSTADT GmbH", an independent truck and car workshop, is built on the company premises and put into operation.

1993

The second generation change

On reaching his 65th birthday on 24th December 1993, Mr Hans Heidelmann hands the operation over to his daughter, Ms Ute Bischoff.

1990 bis 1995

Increasing number of orders and new businesses

Already by the start of the 1990s, an additional cold store has been built and put into operation.

Opposite today's company premises, an additional 60,000 m² are acquired to plan for the future. Here, in May 1992, construction of an additional cold store begins, which is put into operation in October 1992. Alongside the traditional services, additional services such as packaging, project management, labelling, price marking and display construction are now offered.

1984

The first generation change Willy Heidelmann hands the company over to his son, Hans Heidelmann.

1980 bis 1990

Specialisation in temperature-controlled transport

Specialisation in temperature-controlled transport results in a division of the company. Spedition Heidelmann GmbH now deals exclusively with transport logistics and the removal business. Heidelmann & Sohn now concentrates primarily on the storage of temperature-controlled food, raw materials and packaging materials, also for the food industry.

In the mid-1980s, the first cold store is put into operation in "Horschmühlenweg". Due to the increasing number of orders, by the end of the 1980s a site in the industrial zone "An der Feuerwache" is purchased, and the foundation laid for the first construction phase of a high-bay refrigerated warehouse (18-24°) with office and social spaces. The move from "Horschmühlenweg" to the newly erected "An der Feuerwache" operating facility takes place.

1960 bis 1980

First temperature-controlled transport and expansion of the removal business

From the mid-1960s, HEIDELMANN specialises in the provision of temperature-controlled goods transport. The removals business is expanded, and the storage of household removal goods and other goods intensified.

1946 bis 1960

Transport business structure

In 1946, Martha and Willy Heidelmann found the HEIDELMANN transportation company. They primarily transport building materials for the reconstruction of war-torn Germany. Their son, Hans Heidelmann, joins the company in the mid-1950s, and rebrands the company as the Heidelmann & Sohn partnership. Furniture and household removal goods are transported as an additional trade branch.